For the past of couple years, Hannah Sanford has joined us at Enterprise Data World with the purpose of capturing the real-time knowledge transfer between data professionals during the in-depth presentations we host. As the speaker, or panel of speakers, discusses a topic, Hannah uses her unique style of visual communication to illustrate these shared thoughts and present them in a large-scale graphically recorded mural.
"As a graphic recorder, my role is to work quietly off to the side of the group. As each speaker talks, I listen keenly, quickly distill all the information, and capture the critical messages from each conversation in words, colors, and pictures on large, 4’x 8’ visual murals mounted on the wall."
– Hannah Sanford
Check out Hannah's work at the 2018 Enterprise Data World.
After her extensive work, experiences, and studies in microbiology at Harvard Medical School, the National Institute of Health, and Emergent BioSolutions, Hannah discovered a passion that combined both a love of the analytical world and her creative balance. This was the birth of her transition into the world of graphic facilitation, graphic recording, and strategic visualization, and ultimately her path to becoming the visual process professional we see in action today.
We’ve featured Hannah’s work on DATAVERSITY.net following the past two Enterprise Data World Conferences. Click on the buttons below to take a look at some of the murals she graphically recorded during these events.
2017 EDW Murals | 2016 EDW Murals
- Tuesday, 8:45 AM - 9:25 AM | Big Data, Disruption, and the 800-Pound Gorilla in the Corner | Michael Stonebraker, MIT
- Tuesday, 10:15 AM - 11:15 AM | Using Data Management for Business Advantages | Andrew Sohn, Crawford
- Tuesday, 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM | The Heart of Digital Transformation: Governance | Scott Buckles, IBM and Raj Thejaswi, State Street Corporation
- Tuesday, 1:45 PM - 2:45 PM | Evolving Your Data Program from Cost Center to Value Generator | George Yuhasz, Johnson & Johnson
- Tuesday, 3:45 PM - 4:45 PM | Metadata-Driven Development | Vinay Badigar, Teradata
- Wednesday, 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM | You Are Liable for Not Establishing a "Common Vocabulary" in Your Organization! | Ron Klein, Royal Bank of Canada plus panel
- Wednesday, 9:45 AM - 10:15 AM | The Many Faces of Metadata Management: From Data Catalogs to Data Governance to BI Operations | Amnon Drori, Octopai
- Wednesday, 10:45 AM - 11:45 AM | Data Categorization for Data Architects | Karen Lopez, InfoAdvisors
- Wednesday, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM | Using Data Quality Pilot to Launch Enterprise Data Governance and Stewardship: A Real Roadmap | Sara Willovit, John Wiley & Sons, Inc
- Wednesday, 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM | Rising to the Challenge of Enterprise Data Architect Leadership | John O'Brien, Radiant Advisors
- Wednesday, 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM | There's Nothing You Can Know That Isn't Known: What I Learned From Editing the DMBOK | Laura Sebastian-Coleman, Aetna
- Wednesday, 5:00 PM - 5:45 PM | Bad Guy Hunting: Finding Weak Signal in Big Data | Jeff Jonas, Senzing
- Thursday, 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM | Socializing Data Governance | Mark Horseman, Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT)
- Thursday, 9:45 AM - 10:45 AM | Resolving Data Definition Conflicts: A Practical Guide | Gretchen Burnham, First San Francisco Partners
- Thursday, 12:15 PM - 1:00 PM | Looking Forward: Challenges and Opportunities for Data in the Year Ahead | John Ladley, Sonrai Solutions plus panel